The first thing you notice about this bag is that its good looking to the point where people say “whoa” the first time they see it. The low-profile laser-cut molle slots jump out at you immediately, with the tan nylon material of the internal layer peeking out from behind the clean black external surface creating a “grill” effect, maybe hinting at the amount of “heat” inside the bag just waiting to be let out. Upon closer inspection the quality of the construction is apparent, with heavy duty seams, zippers and super durable nylon fabric that screams “I can take a beating”. The cardboard tag attached to the bag from the factory states that ESS products come with a lifetime unconditional warranty as well, however based on my use of this bag I wouldn’t expect to need to call that in under normal civilian use.
Taking a look under the hood, the quality manufacturing continues to stand out, and the cool factor increases as you realize the bags internal pockets are covered in hook and loop, and the various pockets can be moved around and configured however you choose for a particular load out, hence the name.
Here is a blurb about the company (https://www.elitesurvival.com/about-us) and the specs for the bag (https://www.elitesurvival.com/range-bags/loadout-range-bag/) from the ESS website :
Elite Survival Systems is a US based company manufacturing premium quality tactical nylon equipment for military, law enforcement and the shooting enthusiast. Our products are sold primarily through our network of dealers and distributors, as well as military and law enforcement sales. We are a GSA contract holder, and products are available at gsaadvantage.gov. Products can also be purchased online through our website, and can be ordered over the phone via our print catalog.
- 1050 denier nylon construction for maximum durability
- YKK zippers and heavy-duty hardware
- Closed-cell foam padding provides superior protection for your gear
- Low-Profile Laser-cut MOLLE slots on front and end pockets allow for attachment of accessory pouches
- Wrap-around handles with Velcro handle-wrap closure
- Luggage rails on bottom of bag protect contents from harsh, uneven surfaces, keeps base of bag clean, and adds structure
- Removable dump pouch attaches to belt and MOLLE platform
- Exterior water bottle pocket
- Large, fully-padded front pocket includes the following removable Velcro pouches:
- Mag pouch holds a minimum of 8 magazines
- Eyewear pouch
- Mesh parts pouch with Velcro flap
- Side pocket contains removable AR mag pouch which holds 2-4 magazines
- Large main compartment holds at least four guns plus accessories, and has the following features:
- Fully-padded lid opens fully down the back of the bag for complete visibility and access to the main compartment. The lid doubles as a gun mat and has a mesh document pocket
- Lift-out insert has an adjustable divider and plenty of room for ammo and accessories
- Pull-out pistol pouch includes a padded divider, holds at least two handguns, and is held in place with hook and loop
- Interior handgun compartments on ends of bag are large enough to hold a full-sized handgun in each
- Available in black and coyote tan
- Dims: 17″ x 10″ x 11″
My first trip to the range with this bag was the 2017 NSSF World Championship Rimfire Challenge in Alabama, a three day match which didn’t require a typical range loadout since it was primarily rimfire and I wasn’t bringing my own guns. I experimented with the modular nature of the bag and moved some of the pouches around, while also added some admin pouches using the molle and hook/loop fasteners. The bag proved super versatile and useful for everything i needed for three days on a range, including extras like food and water.
You can buy the bag direct from the website but i found them below MSRP with a quick google search online. https://www.elitesurvival.com/range-bags/loadout-range-bag/baf